Mike, Mac Maestro
Experience:  Apple Consultants Network, Apple Certified
50721714

I recently got an IPAD, and want to connect it to my Bose cd

Customer Question

I recently got an IPAD, and want to connect it to my Bose cd players. I have one Bose CD3000 which does not seem to have a port for the connecting cable. I have two aoustic wave systems, model AWRCC, which seem to have ports but do not transmit the music I have loaded on my IPad. Any ideas for solutions for the two devices so I can transmit the IPad music through the Bose systems?

Thanks,

JB
Category: Mac
Expert:  Omar C replied 6 years ago.
Hello. You can use an 1/8 in. cable (headphone cable) to connect from the Ipad to the speakers. It will connect to the headphone/aux-in input on the speakers.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I have tried that multiple times. There seems to be no obvious inport in my CD 3000 Bose which is the large unit -- only input ports are " double" ports that don't correspond to the cable that fits in the IPad. I used the same cable recently on vacation with a Bose unit and it worked just fine. So, I am wondering, are my units " too old? ( 5-8 years old) or is something else going on. My main concern is the connection to the larger unit. Maybe the settings need to be different? Thanks.

JB

Expert:  Omar C replied 6 years ago.
You don't see a headphone or aux input on the Bose unit?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The only ports on my large Bose unit - CD 3000 are double ports unless you can tell where a single port for the headphone cable would be located. I am away from my large Bose unit - in another apartment- but will be there on Friday and can give you more info.

On my acoustic wave small system, there are two separate ports - aux and headphone- I have the correct cable, put the cable in either port, turn the bose unit on " aux" and no music comes out. What the heck am I doing wrong?

Expert:  Omar C replied 6 years ago.
Ok. I have an Ipad and a Boston Acoustics. I plug it from the headphone jack on the Ipad to the Aux in port on the BA Radio and have no problems. The audio is there. It must have something to do with selecting the input or using a faulty cable.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have a Bose system, and I know the cable is functional because I used it recently on a Bose system on vacation. What other input choice do I have?
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
If your Bose device does not have a mini-stereo input jack port as the other expert explained, there is no way to send line audio from the ipod other than through the dock connector with a special cable - here is an example: http://www.amazon.com/Cables-4-Foot-Stereo-Connector-Cable/dp/B000JG3WBY/ref=pd_bxgy_e_text_b

Edited by workgroupIT on 1/5/2011 at 2:08 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I am not impressed with the quality of the answer. When I called Bose customer service this am they were able to answer my questionsand direct me to the solution.

JB

Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
I directed you to a solution that would work. I am curious what they told you that was "better"?
Mike, Mac Maestro
Experience: Apple Consultants Network, Apple Certified