Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My phone is locked up, and the face shows a picture of a USB

Customer Question

My phone is locked up, and the face shows a picture of a USB plug pointing to an itunes logo. What's happening? Can't use phone and can't get normal display.

Thanks, XXXXX
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

That USB pointing to iTunes indicates that your iPhone is unable to load the iPhone OS or iOS. So you have to restore your iOS to your iPhone with iTunes. Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes. iTunes will detect your iPhone and ask you to restore it. Select Yes and follow onscreen instructions. Let me know if that didn't worked...

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I opened itunes but it didn't detect anything or ask me to restore
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Put your iPhone to DFU Mode and then restore. See the video below;
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I turn the phone off; when I turn it on again the usb and itunes logo come back. My manual says nothing about DFU mode. What is that?
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Sorry for the delay...Please follow the instructions in the video above to put your iPhone to DFU Mode.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Where are you? Nothing works, still locked out, cannot get out of DFU. Stii stuck with plug and logo.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Did you watch the video above ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
You folks did not resolve my problem and I have to seek help elsewhere.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
OK