Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Im trying to update the OS and I got a screen stating Set

Customer Question

I'm trying to update the OS and I got a screen stating " Set up your iPad" as the heading. The box says"This computer has previously been synced with an iPad or other iOS device". It then shows a radio button and asks "Set up as a new iPad" while the second radio button says "Restore from the backup of iPad (which is the only choice in the dropdown box)".

At the bottom it says "Last Synced: Today 11:17"

When I select the second radio button "Restore from the backup" and hit "Continue", I get a request for a password. I have put in my Apple ID password, my iPad password XXXXX another common password XXXXX use. Nothing seems to work! What do I do to be able to get this synced back to my previous status?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Did you tried your Administrator/User account password ? If not, then please try it.

(only click accept after it worked)

Edited by Ashik on 1/2/2011 at 6:02 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have never put in an administrator password. I've always left blank and clicked thru it. This field requires an input. I did use my Apple ID password XXXXX luck.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
You are using a Mac. Right ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
correct. MacBook Pro, OS 10.6.5
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Disconnect your iPad and restart your Mac. Then open iTunes and connect your iPad. iTunes will recognize it. Then right click on iPad name under Devices in left column, and from the popup menu select Restore from Backup option. Now select the restore point and click Restore. Let me know how it goes..

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If I do that, I will lose you.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Add a bookmark of this page, so you can come back here after restart.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This didn't work.... I'm going to the Apple Store instead. Please do not charge me! I do appreciate your help though!
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
You can easily fix it yourself. Can you set a new administrator password XXXXX try that password ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm done! It's not working and I'll go to the Apple Store.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
You haven't tried much..some problems can't be fixed with one answer. Okay...have a great day !

Edited by Ashik on 1/2/2011 at 6:46 PM EST