Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

Good morning I just purchased an I Pad I use mobile me on

Good morning
I just purchased an I Pad
I use mobile me on my i phone and lap top and I typed in some date on the phone and it showed up on my i pad
Then I typed in some data on my i pad calender, but it did not sinc with the phone or lap top
What gives?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
Did you set Fetch new data on the iPad to Push? That will send any new data to other devices, calendars included.

Push Accounts

MobileMe, Microsoft Exchange, and Yahoo! Mail are “push” accounts. When new information is available, such as the arrival of an email message, the information is automatically delivered (pushed) to iPad. (In contrast, “fetch” services require your email software to periodically check with your service provider to see if new messages have arrived, and then request them to be delivered.) MobileMe and Exchange also use push to sync your contacts, calendars, and bookmarks (MobileMe only) if you select those items in the account settings.

Synced information is transferred automatically over your Internet connection; you don’t need to connect iPad to your computer to sync. iPad can receive pushed data over an Internet connection only when iPad is awake (the screen is on, or you connect iPad to your computer or a 10W USB power adapter).

If you enable Find My iPad for your MobileMe account, make sure Push is turned on for Fetch New Data. In Settings, choose “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” > Fetch New Data. ?????????????????????????????????

That is what needs to happen.

This is where to get the iPad users guide for use on both the iPad and your Mac.

Viewing the User Guide on iPad

The iPad User Guide, optimized for viewing on iPad, is available at help.apple.com/ipad. View the guide on iPad: In Safari, tap , then tap the iPad User Guide bookmark.

Add an icon to the Home screen for convenience: When viewing the guide, tap , then tap “Add to Home Screen.”

Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.