Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I have a gmail account. Everytime I try to go to it recently

I have a gmail account. Everytime I try to go to it recently it takes me to the "Welcome Gmail" page where I can add an account but cannot get to my account. If I go to "Google Home" and click on "gmail" I get "Sign in here" and when I sign in I go back to the "Google Home" page. It is a vicious cycle and I cannot get to my mail on my gmail page which I use daily. What in the world has happened?
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Sorry for the delay...You can reset the Cache of Safari and see if that works or not...Click on Safari menu and select "Empty Cache". Empty your cache and restart Safari. Now try Gmail again by directly going to

Let me know if that didn't worked...

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for responding Ashik. I tried clearing the cache in Safari, still did not work. Each time I try to get my gmail, I go to so I am not sure why Google pages open. One thing. I have a new iPad. Recently while using AOL on the iPad I could not get something to open because the message said I needed to activate java something. So I went on my iPad and activated javascript. Since the email I use most of the time is AOL, and gmail is secondary, could that have caused the problem?
You are having problem with Safari of your computer, not Safari of iPad. Right ?

Edited by Ashik on 1/2/2011 at 5:57 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ashik, I am not sure. Both my MacBook and iPad work well with Safari. As far as I can tell, there are no other issues. All I know for sure is that before I started using iPad, if I went to the first page to open was always the page with my incoming mail. After I got the iPad and it was set up, I can no longer get to the gmail page with my mail.
My iPad was setup by a friend very familiar with its use. The only thing I changed, as I told you earlier, was enabling java script.
Is it possible that in setting up AOL on the iPad I inadvertently cutoff some communication between AOL and gmail on my MacBook?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Also Ashik, I lost internet cabapbilities this weekend until this morning, that is why it took a day to get back to you.
Hi, Sorry for the delay..I don't think 'setting up iPad' caused the problem as there is no relation between Safari and your iPad.

We can reset Safari's Preferences. May be it'll fix the problem..

Close Safari and goto Macintosh HD/Users/[your user name]/Library/Preferences folder and move the file "" into desktop.

(Macintosh HD is your hard disk...)

Now open Safari..Does that worked ?

Edited by Ashik on 1/3/2011 at 3:25 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ashik, before I try this I just want to say I realize there is no relation between iPad and Safari but i am more concerned about the interaction between gmail and aol mail. Could I have done something that keeps gmail from receiving my aol mail now? When I used to get gmail, it included all my aol mail plus gmail messages. Could the relationship beteen gmail and aol, that is there ability to share or receive email from each other be the problem??
Well, i don't have correct answer for that. But to find out what the problem is, create a another Gmail account (temporary) and try to log into it. Are you able to login into that Gmail ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ashik, I solved the problem. Naturally it was something that only an old man like me would overlook. Everytimg I signed in to gmail and it asked for my sig-in email, I gave the aol. address. Well, once I realized I needed the gmail address, I was in. Problem solved. I appreciate you attention and am glad it was not a complication I had inadvertently created.
Glad you sorted it out !

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you Ashik
You're most welcome !

Edited by Ashik on 1/7/2011 at 3:17 PM EST