robgranholm
robgranholm, Mac Genius
Experience:  2 Years at Apple, Current IT Administrator and Small Business Owner. Loves to help.
35592706

I have a mac osx 10.4.11 and my kodak easy share software appears

Customer Question

I have a mac osx 10.4.11 and my kodak easy share software appears to have crashed. Im not that techy and so I dont even know where to start. Are all my pictures that were on Kodak Easy Share just gone?
Category: Mac
Expert:  robgranholm replied 3 years ago.
Not necessarily. We have to investigate further. Can you explain exactly what happens when you try to launch Kodak Easy Share? Also, make sure you try restarting the computer and trying to launch it again. Update here, and we'll go from there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I noticed this problem a few months ago actually and just have not had the time to try to figure it out. I have restarted the computer but that makes no difference. When I try to launch Kodak the program does not open and a message box appears that says: Easyshare software has unexpectedly quit. Would you like to send error report? there is also a drop down icon that says: Crash report:Kodak EasyShare Version 6.1 (Build 126)
Mac OS Version 10.4.11 (Build 8S2167)

*** Crash log ***

Date/Time: 2011-01-01 20:21:31.839 -0700
OS Version: 10.4.11 (Build 8S2167)
Report Version: 4

When I try to send report to Kodak it wont go through. Thats as far as I can get.
Hmm, this is a conflicting software type of crash. There's a few ways to troubleshoot, but it's a lot like a needle in a haystack. The first two things to try are to see if your system has any updates, it's over 5 years old at this point) or the Kodak software may need updating which you can check for here. http://support.en.kodak.com/app/answers/list/p/4,52/c/890 ... try downloading the latest version and try to launch again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I went to the above website and downloaded it then turned off the computer and back on again. Tried to open Kodak Easyshare and received same message again :(
Hmm, I'm afraid besides recommending to upgrade your computer's software, or contacting Kodak directly, to which they would say contact Apple, to which they would say it's out dated software. Arg! I wish I could reach across and troubleshoot for you. There's something conflicting and halting the program from opening. I don't think your files are gone, they are in the system somewhere but without someone there to look through everything and pull them out individually...I'm at a loss through these means. I would try another service professional. You can check out www.itarsenal.com ... the guy there might be able to help do a remote control for your screen and troubleshoot.