Omar C
Omar C, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 10 years experience supporting PC/MAC, doing, well, just about everything!
27104984

My itunes library is on my macosx. How can I copy it to run

My itunes library is on my macosx. How can I copy it to run also on windows xp?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Omar C replied 5 years ago.

Omar C :

Hello. While in Itunes, go to the Itunes menu then Preferences. Select the Advanced tab. Here it will give you the location of your Itunes media. You will need to Copy this folder to your Windows PC. After that, open Itunes on the Windows PC and go to the File menu, then Add Folder to Library and select the folder you copied. It will then import the items into Itunes on the Windows XP computer.

Expert:  Omar C replied 5 years ago.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks Omar but I have 1490 albums on my itunes. This folder says I have 667. Where are the others? every track on my itunes plays so the file must be somewhere.
Expert:  Omar C replied 5 years ago.
You probably do not have Itunes set to automatically organize your music. Thus, when adding music to your library it may not have been copied to the Itunes media folder. Any items that are not found in the media folder can be located by right-clicking on the song and going to Get Info.