robgranholm
robgranholm, Mac Genius
Experience:  2 Years at Apple, Current IT Administrator and Small Business Owner. Loves to help.

Just purchased a Blue tooth wireless left and right mouse and

Customer Question

Just purchased a Blue tooth wireless left and right mouse and instructions tell me to down load a DRIVER into my Mac desk top computer. So how do I do this?
Category: Mac
Expert:  robgranholm replied 3 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
my Mac is OSX 10.5.8 Iv'e got as far as having an icon labelled: Macally input Manager v1_1.2 dmg
Hmm can you specify the exact product you have? Typically you do not use TWO mice..as you said you have a right and a left? Can you explain further....the Macally input Manager sounds like software to help you manage the devices...but might need some additional installation or set up. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX follow up.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The mouse is described as "Bluetooth Wireless Laser Mouse for Mac & PC".
The model is:mMouseBT. The instructions say I need to download the appropriate driver from Macally.
Aha I see, so that Icon that says Macally Input Manager is the driver software. You need to double click that and follow the instructions to install. You then to restart the computer. Update here after you've done that, the mouse should be working but we may need to enable a few more things.
robgranholm, Mac Genius
Experience: 2 Years at Apple, Current IT Administrator and Small Business Owner. Loves to help.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Mac OSX Vesion 10.5.8
Bluetooth Mouse Model: mMoseBT
I have followed that installation but the mouse is not working. Batteries OK
I see, have you paired it with your computer by going into the system preference (click the apple in the top left corner, then select system preferences) ... once their...either click the input manager itme you just installed, or the bluetooth icon and look for pairing options. I would give you more exact details, but Macally actually doesn't supply them on their website! I would refer to the manual if one came with the mouse as well.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I went into prefences & selected the mouse option on Bluetooth. It searched for a mouse but could not find one. Should I somehow uninstall the existing mouse that is already working?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I went to the Apple Store and in a matter of seconds, showed me what to do.
Click on Blue Tooth Icon (top right of screen > set up Bluetooth device > Connect mouse >Continue (pairing).
Glad you got that figured, that is one of a possible 20 variations of solution, sorry it took long and I couldnt just look at it to solve. Happy computing.