Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

How do I reduce screen size so that dock and desktop all show

How do I reduce screen size so that dock and desktop all show up on screen at one time. I now have to move arrow all over to see various items
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Sounds like your mac is in Zoom mode. You can turn it off...

Press Command + Option + 8 to turn off the zoom.

You can also turn off the zoom by going to Apple Menu > System Preferences > Universal Access. Under "Seeing" tab, turn off the zoom

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
CommandOption8 did not work. How do I get to Apple Menu?
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Apple menu is the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Got to preferences but it shows that zoom is off
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Change the resolution back to the Original/default one and restart your Mac. Let me know if that didn't worked..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I think it was 2560x1440 which it is on now. if i restart computer will I lose my connection with you?
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Just add a bookmark of this page, so you can come back here after restart.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried shutting down completely and rebooting but it still comes up with oversized screen.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Change your resolution to 1680 x 1050. Does that worked ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No , It just makes everything on the screen larger. I tried all the resolutions before emailing you and nothing worked. Sorry to be such a problem
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
What type of Mac are you using ? iMac, Macbook etc
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
iMac 27"
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Oh..i forgot one main point. Hold down the Control key on your Keyboard and scroll down the mouse.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When I hold down control on keyboard and scroll down the mouse, get 6 options but it more about printing page or reloading page.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Thats strange. Okay..try this. Set your resolution to default one. Then Goto Universal Access and turn on the Zoom. Then press Option + Command + - keys
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ashnik, I don't know what key I hit but it suddenly reverted to it's normal size. thank you for your help. Joanna
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Glad you sorted it out !
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My expert Ashik was very helpful and solved my problem with great patience. Thanks for a job well done.