Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I connected my Ipad to my computer but cant connect.

Customer Question

I connected my Ipad to my computer but can't connect.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I can't connect my iPad to my home computer
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Do you have iTunes installed on the computer ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Does iTunes recognize your iPad when you connect it ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
You can reset the iPad and see if that helps or not...Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds. iPad will automatically restarts and return to normal. If it not restarts after holding the button for 10 seconds, hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button until it get turns off and restart itself. Now connect it to your computer and open iTunes ? Does it worked ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It brings up a menu for document scanning, office publisher, word and camera wizard
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Your computer is able to find the iPad. Open iTunes and it'll recongize it and it'll show in the left column under Devices. Let me know if that didn't worked..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
didn't work...looking for Wi-Fi network
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Are you opening the iTunes of your iPad ?

Edited by Ashik on 1/1/2011 at 7:09 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes and message is cannot connect to the itunes store
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
You have to install iTunes on your computer. Then only you can transfer Musics, Videos, Applications etc from your computer to iPad and vice versa. Download and install iTunes from here : http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Let me know if that didn't worked...

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is installed. I'm sorry you couldn't help me but you were very responsive to my questions
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
I'm trying to help you...Open iTunes on your computer and it should recognize your iPad. See picture below;
graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok, I'll try again..dont's disconnect
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Okay..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm reinstalling itunes on my computer
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Let me know how it goes...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
still not working. I'm going to the apple store
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
I don't know why its not working...Can't you see the iPad on iTunes ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No. I see the itunes menu i.e. music, iTunes store etc
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
I'll opt out and send this question to other experts as i'm out of ideas. No need to Accept my answer...