Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have the following computer Model Name MacBook Pro 15

Customer Question

I have the following computer:
Model Name: MacBook Pro 15"
Model Identifier: MacBookPro1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 2 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP11.0055.B08
SMC Version: 1.2f10
Serial Number: RM620666VJ5
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled
Can I upgrade to the latest Snow leopard package and Iphoto, et.c and will I loss the documents and pictures I have in my computer?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Yes, your Mac is powerful enough to handle Snow Leopard and latest iLife 11 i.e iPhoto 11, iMovie 11, iDVD 11 etc. You won't lose anything when you upgrade..But i'd recommend to backup your important files before upgrading.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will I have to do anything special? Is it just put the disk in and go? (once I order it) I went with Mac because I am computer illiterate. My husband is worse and I will have to do this to his as well. FYI - I will be accepting your answer. His was purchased about 6 months after mine so we will be in the same boat.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Nope...Just burn your important files to a disc or copy them to a external hard drive, for safety. Upgrading is easy...Just put the disk in and follow the onscreen instructions. Your Mac will upgrade it automatically. Difficulty - 1/10

Best Regards,

Edited by Ashik on 1/1/2011 at 4:57 PM EST
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Do you need instructions to write files to CD ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are there any compatibility issues with my microsoft office 04. That is way to expensive to want to replace and I use it ALL of the time. and yes - please tell me the easiest way to backup my stickies, word, excel docs and photos
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Microsoft Office 2004 will work on Snow Leopard.

• In Finder/Desktop, click on the File menu and select "New Burn folder"
  • This will create a new "Burn Folder" on your desktop.graphic
  • You can change the name of the burn folder (optional)
  • Double-click on the Burn folder icon to open the folder in a Finder window
  • Now, drag the files i.e your files, photos, documents etc into the burn folder's window. This will create a alias/shortcut in it.
  • On the burn folder's window you can see a button named "Burn" which is located on the top right.
  • Click on the Burn button. You will be asked to insert a blank disc.
  • So, insert a blank CD/DVD, provide "Disc Name" and in the "Burn Speed" option, choose a medium level speed like 8x or 12x
  • Then click on the burn button and you can see the burning process.
  • When the burning is finished, disc will automatically mount on the desktop.
  • Then you can eject it.

Let me know if that didn't worked...

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you - I have saved this page so that I can refer to it when my software gets here. have a great day
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome ! Have a great day to you too !