Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

i have a MAC OS X 10.5.6. having trouble with my free

Customer Question

i have a MAC OS X 10.5.6.

having trouble with my free aol account, as when sending out e-mails, they are not recording in the "sent mail" aol section of my desktop MAIL page. the last recording of sent mail from aol.com is 12/18. this is not accurate, as i have sent several message from 12/18 to date, but again, they are not recording and i therefore, do not know if they've actually been sent!

please advise. thanks much.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 3 years ago.
The Mac or Apple Mail client requires that you specify that an IMAP folder be used for Sent mail. This can be simply done by:
  1. Clicking and highlighting the IMAP "Sent" Folder
  2. Clicking the "Mailbox" menu at the top
  3. Choosing "Use This Mailbox For" -> "Sent"

This will then save sent messages to that folder.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you. however, the drop down window does not allow me to choose "sent". all choices are in pale colored lettering.

please advise how to proceed.
please restart your system and proceed. Ensure you have administrator privilages
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
have restarted computer. please advise.
Then follow the steps I provided in the above answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
THANK YOU. XXXXX I FOLLOWED THE STEPS YOU PROVIDED. I DO NOT HAVE THE WORD "IMAP" to choose from. and already under my "sent" column on mail page, have the choice of aol, etc.

my sent mail is still not showing up under sent mails on aol.

the problem has not been solved. if you are unable to continue with a solution, i request a refund.

however, if you are able to help further, i will wait for your reply.

thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
my outgoing e-mails on aol.com are not showing up under the aol sent mail. your previous representative, has not answered my responses with an accurate solution, as what he suggested has not worked.

please either refund my charge of $24 or get someone else to help me. thank you.
Please navigate to…User/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mail.plist and drag that ".plist" to the Desktop. Then, re-launch the Mail. If it is a problem with plist file then it will create a new file and your problem will resolve.

If this had failed, or messed up something, you can replace the .plist file which was safely on the Desktop.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
the navigation site you listed, takes me to my local carrier's page. the local carrier advises there is nothing they can do to rectify the problems i am having with my aol e-mail.

and they advise me to contact AOL for help!

Let me opt out. Hope some other experts will help you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
your expert is "opting out".

PLEASE REFUND THE $24 CHARGE. as the service from you did not remedy the problem. and quite frankly, i do not have any more time to spend on this with your people.

THANK YOU.

PLEASE ADVISE THAT MY CHARGE WILL BE REVERSED.