iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience:  Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing
28671728

problems with wireless connection from all my Apple devices

Customer Question

problems with wireless connection from all my Apple devices (iMac, Mac Book pro, iPad, iphone4 and Apple TV) to Airport Extreme connected to Internet via Netgear ADSL2 DGN2000 Router. Wifi speed max 0.5 Mbps wired around 9 Mbps! Exchanged faulty Airport Extreme yesterday made no difference. been through all sorts of troubleshooting with no result.

The wifi speed has been very good until recently. Devices used to connect to Base without problem. Now if i want all to connect to AE i get Double NAT issues unless I set the Mode to Bridge (as recommended), all devices connect to Router instead of the AE!!! First thought that's the problem. So ignored the recommendation, now connect to the AE as before and still no difference.
Need help with going through the settings (i may have overlooked something or simply lack the knowledge ;) ) Need to get my Mac's connected again asap as my office depends on the wifi connection.
Thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  iteachmac replied 3 years ago.

iteachmac : Hi , please remove connections from the network control panels , or on iPad etc ,use forget this network and rejoin the network .
iteachmac : Have you checked you wifi is broadcasting on a clear channel? You may want to check..
iteachmac : If you need help please ask .
iteachmac : Your router needs to be providing dhcp on your LAN for the devices to connect .
iteachmac : Do Amy devices connect to the network as it is , or see the ssid of the routers LAN.?
iteachmac : The routers firmware may need updating , also .
iteachmac : Airport extreme should work in seconds after setup . Was you using ap x before the new router?
iteachmac : Thanks.