Freddy M.
Freddy M., Computer Technician
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field
15852642

I have qwest for my email and it shows up in the hotmail.com

I have qwest for my email and it shows up in the hotmail.com qwest live account. I can't access my email today. what shows up is a line on the left of the screen.I can get to my inbox, but I can't get the message. I have never had this problem on New Year's Day before when I didn't have Qwest or hotmail. What's going on?
Mary Vorhes, how will I get my response? I can't get it in my inbox
From the Safari menu, click Empty Cache.
When asked Are you sure you want to empty the cache?, click Empty.
From the Safari menu, click Preferences.
From the Security dialog box, click Bookmarks.
Click Show Cookies.
From the Cookie dialog box, click on any facebook cookie, and click Remove.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what does that do , empty cache?
What am I emptying?
Your cache is temporary files from internet pages same with cookies. If you have some stored on your mac and they get corrupted they can cause problems with the pages you are trying to use.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I went to preferences, but I don't know how to get to the dialog box to click on bookmarks.
Click on security and then at the top there will be a bookmarks tab click on that.
Then Click Show Cookies.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what do the facebook cookies look like or write out as?
Oh I apologize I did not mean to write facebook. Instead use the remove all button under cookies. Once done try your email again.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
when I get the preferences box, bookmarks and security show up on the top. I can look at cookies from the security , but not from bookmarks. Is that where I should click on remove all, from security box?
Yes please once done try your email again.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Didn't work. it's still the same and I can't access my email.
Ok is it qwest or hotmail giving you the problem?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I was going to check to see for sure what shows up on the page and it came up as it should. Thanks so much for all your help.
Mary
Your welcome and I hope you have a wonderful day.