iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience:  Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing
28671728

im new to fcp. coming from imovie, is it possible to transfer

Customer Question

i'm new to fcp. coming from imovie, is it possible to transfer the motion old world maps from backgrounds to final cut pro. i created the old world map in imovie and saved as a quicktime movie. when i bring into fcp, the video is not sharp. is there another way to do this.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 5 years ago.

Hi

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Best,
Lindie
Moderator

Expert:  iteachmac replied 5 years ago.
Hi ,

What export settings are you using for imovie , Please try to export Using quicktime conversion , select MP4 , best settings . up the data rate to 6000 or enter 0 , set audio to AAC 44.1khz 320kbps rate , set your video size to HD as required . .

Does this help on importing back in to FCP ?

Thanks.
iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience: Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks, XXXXX XXXXX just about figured it out. i made a cut and saved in 720p. havent tried the mp4 but will later on tonight. i think the 720p is going to work well where i'm placing in the movie. can this be duplicated in fcp rather than the creation of a movie file? i have the picture saved but haven't figured out how to get the airport data tied to the picture.
thanks
jim
Expert:  iteachmac replied 5 years ago.
Hi , please can you explain your last note more fully? Thanks.