Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I am a 70 year old, can use the computer, but not too good

Customer Question

I am a 70 year old, can use the computer, but not too good at email settings. Have been using Mozilla Thunderbird for more than a year on a PC with no problems.
Transferred yesterday to an i Mac and set up with IMAP connection (POP was previously). Seemed to send and receive messages until this morning and now fails.
Can you help, but please keep it simple.
Thanks Alan [email protected]
Category: Mac
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 5 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Who is your email provider and what program are you using to access your email?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your request for information, but the problem has now been resolved by our local provider and Apple store.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.