iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience:  Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing

I bought a box set of iWorks. I had already downloaded a trial

I bought a box set of iWorks. I had already downloaded a trial version but wanted the disk. When I installed the disk it wanted a serial number but there was no number on the box.
I removed all iWorks from the computer and installed the disk again, same thing it required a serial number.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hi

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Best,
Lindie
Moderator

Expert:  iteachmac replied 3 years ago.

Regarding

Retail purchases of Mac OS X 10.4 and new computers that come with Mac OS X 10.4 both include a trial version of iWork.

Because of this, installing a full retail copy of iWork is easier than you think.

After purchasing iWork, rather than install the software from the iWork disc, simply open the trial version on your computer. When prompted to buy or try, click the Buy button and enter the serial number that came with your retail copy of iWork. This will unlock the full version—you will no longer be prompted to purchase the software.

You need a serial number , for iwork , to enter to install or purchase if you don't have it , you need to ask the seller for it ? Or get a replacement box set sent.

iWork ’09 retail boxes no longer come with a serial number. Is this the case your version ..?

I hope this helps.

Edited by iteachmac on 1/2/2011 at 3:08 AM EST
iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience: Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing