Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I just restored my macbook pro. I used the 10.5 disk that

I just restored my macbook pro. I used the 10.5 disk that was installed when I bought it however I have updated it to the most 10.6. The restore process said that it had completed and that I needed to restart the computer however when I pressed the power button until it shut down it gave me "the gray screen" and then keeps telling me to force power the system down and then press the power button to restart. I've done it about 5 times with the same result. I ran the hardware diagnostics and everything was fine. The DVD/CD didn't eject. What could be wrong. If the DVD doesn't eject I don't see how anything is going to change. Can you help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Are you getting this message ?
graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. I have gotten that 5 times.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I'm getting this message. I'm using my wife's Macbook pro now but every time I try to bring up mine I get the same display image you sent.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
The Screen asking for a restart is the Kernel Panic. This issue is related to the Software or Hardware you have. It generally occurs when you installed something to your Mac (Both Software or hardware). It may also happen if there is any problem with internal hardwares like RAM, Logic board etc. In your case, i think it is the software. May be the installation went wrong...so the best method is, reinstall your Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard again. Let me know how it goes...

Best Regards,

Edited by Ashik on 1/1/2011 at 1:03 AM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok, how do you eject the DVD if the computer is off. Nothing changes if I can't get the disk to eject, right?
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Yes...Eject the disc and may be it'll work. You can force eject the disc.

• Restart your Mac and immediately hold down the left mouse/trackpad button. This may take some time, but keep it held down until the disk ejects
  • Or restart your Mac and immediately hold down the eject key on your keyboard. Keep it held down until the disk ejects

Let me know if that didn't worked..

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Your answer was about as helpful as "have you turned it off and on?". Don't feel bad the genius bar at the Apple store was just as bad.