Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I cannot figure out how to use a Sylvania SMPK4083 mp3 player

Customer Question

I cannot figure out how to use a Sylvania SMPK4083 mp3 player with a mac. How do I get music ON to the mp3 player from itunes?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Your MP3 Player will not work with iTunes. iTunes will not detect it, iTunes will only support Apple devices.

Are you able to open the "No Name" icon ? Can you see the contents of the MP3 player in your Mac ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the first folder says RECORD, and the if you click on that, it says VOICE.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
How many folders can you see in there (in main folder) ? And which are they ?

Edited by Ashik on 12/26/2010 at 9:11 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
When I click on the device entitled "NO NAME"... it has one folder "RECORD". In the "RECORD" folder it has one additional folder in it called "VOICE". In that folder, it is empty.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Open iTunes, drag and drop any one song from iTunes to the Voice folder. Now play your MP3 player and see if it plays the song or not..Let me know how it goes..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It doesn't, my MP3 player still says "Empty!".. that's the first thing I tried...
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Restart your MP3 player and try again. Also put the song in all folders (Main folder, Record folder and Voice folder) and try again.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's still saying Empty Disk. I couldn't use the little mini disk that came with it (drivers?) since my iMac has a side slot cdrom.. could that be why?
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
That mini disc probably won't work on your Mac because it might be for Windows. So don't put it to your Mac, if you put it in then you'll not be able to take it out. Do you have access to any PC (Windows Machine) ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Create a folder MUSIC and MUSICS on the main folder and inside the RECORD folder and put some songs in it. Then check your player and see if it works or not..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Nothing is working.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
I think it requires the softwares came with it to transfer the songs. What is the format of the songs you are transferring to it ? Is it MP3 ?