Travis, Mac-Trained Product Designer
Experience:  19+ Years of Mac Experience, BSA in Design and 6 Years of Mac Training from University of Cincinnati

How do I change the default font and type size on my iMa

How do I change the "default" font and type size on my iMac?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Travis replied 5 years ago.
If the following suggestions work, please let me know and you can Accept the answer (and if possible, leave positive feedback). If not, please DO NOT Accept the answer yet. Instead, let me know and we'll try some more things or I can refer you to another Expert who may be able to help you further.

There is actually no way of changing the default font used in the Mac OS X without going in and modifying the programming of the OS X. Which I do not recommend. You can however change the default fonts in some of the programs by starting the program, then going to the program "preferences" and changing the settings there if the program allows it. As far as the type size, this can be changed in several ways. If you want to make the desktop more visually friendly, you can change things by going to the desktop, then the top menu > View > Show View Options. Here you can change the font size and icon size on the desktop.

To change things throughout the entire Mac, the most effective way is to lower the resolution of the display. You can do this through the apple menu > System Preferences > Displays. Here you can lower the resolution on the monitor to make all of the fonts and icons larger.

Hope this helps.

If I helped, please click ACCEPT. Otherwise I do not get paid. If you still need assistance or have further questions, I'll be glad to keep working until this issue is resolved.
FEEDBACK & Bonuses are always appreciated!
PLEASE, BEFORE leaving Negative Feedback,
allow me the chance to respond here.