Travis, Mac-Trained Product Designer
Experience:  19+ Years of Mac Experience, BSA in Design and 6 Years of Mac Training from University of Cincinnati

I just purchased an Apple Macbook Air(13 model) and have been

I just purchased an Apple Macbook Air(13" model) and have been trying to get it to communicate with my DELL 305 printer. After several unsuccessful tries with the Lexmark 3600-4600 driver series, I discovered and downloaded the printer/driver for the Lexmark S605. It does a little better in that the Dell printer moves the ink carriage into place but no printing happens. The message that I get says that "there is a problem communicating with the printer. Paused." I would appreciate your suggestions (even negative ones).
Category: Mac
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 5 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

Expert:  Travis replied 5 years ago.
Please DO NOT Accept the answer as it is not a positive solution to your request UNLESS you feel I have helped you in some way by relaying this information. I feel it necessary to put this here because my answer is not a solution, rather a confirmation. If you do feel this answer is worthy of acceptance, by all means, please click the Accept button. I just want you to realize this up front.

Unfortunately, the Dell 305 is not a Mac compatible printer. Even with the Lexmark driver work arounds, the driver will not be able to operate the printer with any stable functionality. I would suggest locating a printer that is Mac compatible. What you are trying to do is like shoving a GM water pump into a BMW. There may be some brackets out there that may get it operating... but for how long and with what success?

If I helped, please click ACCEPT. Otherwise I do not get paid. If you still need assistance or have further questions, I'll be glad to keep working until this issue is resolved.
FEEDBACK & Bonuses are always appreciated!
PLEASE, BEFORE leaving Negative Feedback,
allow me the chance to respond here.
Travis, Mac-Trained Product Designer
Experience: 19+ Years of Mac Experience, BSA in Design and 6 Years of Mac Training from University of Cincinnati