John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering
Experience:  Worked on Macs and PC's for 20+ years.
53785

I have a list A in excel .csv with 3700 names, I have a list

Customer Question

I have a list A in excel .csv with 3700 names, I have a list B of 700 of the 3700 names, how can I get a list of just the 3,000
Category: Mac
Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

If I give you the formula here would you be able to adapt it to your data, or would you like to send me your file so I can set it up on it directly

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Im not sure, Im willing to try the formula first if I can['t do it I'd love to send you the 2 lists
thanks
Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

Ok I will try.

Is your list in columns A and B starting from row 2?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the email address is in column "B" on both lists starting in row 2
Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

Are they not on the same sheet? If not, paste them on the same sheet as follows.

The long list in column A, and the short list inn column B and let me know when you're done

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
done
Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

Ok, copy the following formula and paste it in cell C2

=IF(COUNTIF($B$2:$B$3701,A2)=0,A2,"")

Then select cells C2:C3701 and press Ctrl + D to fill it down

That should do it. Column C will now have the balance 3000 emails

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for clicking Accept if you are satisfied with the solution

John D, BS Degree in Engineering
Experience: Worked on Macs and PC's for 20+ years.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do I

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do I

select cells C2:C3701 and press Ctrl + D to fill it down
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I think I did it, but how can I make a new spreadsheet with just the results in column C when I copy and paste to a new worksheet it does not work?
Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

I see you are on a Mac.

In that case just select cell C2 copy it. Then select cells C3:C3701 and paste it there

John D, BS Degree in Engineering
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It just pastes all zeros
Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

Ok please upload the file at www.wikisend.com (no need to sign up). You will then get a page that has the File ID and Download Link. Copy either the File ID or the Download Link and come back here and paste it in your reply.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I think I figured it out. I need to paste values. Thanks for you help
Expert:  John D replied 4 years ago.

Great! Thanks so much for the accept.

Please feel free to get back to me if you have any follow up questions