OSXpert
OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin
50723742

What is the best way to get adobe flash working on my Ipad

Customer Question

What is the best way to get adobe flash working on my Ipad? There is a website that we have to use for our business that is flash based but our medical doctors are trying to use the Ipad as their tablets for patient charts...
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.

Mike Kane :

Hi - I'm happy to help with your Mac issue. Please remember to Accept when we are completely finished and you are satisfied with my answer. There is no way to run Flash natively on the iPad. Adobe has posted a "workaround" for developers to modify their apps so that they can run, but even that can be "iffy". A story about this can be seen at: http://techcrunch.com/2010/01/27/adobe-flash-ipad/ if you want to send it to the developer. But, Flash is not happening on IOS.

Expert:  OSXpert replied 6 years ago.
What Mike said is 100% accurate, however, there is another way to watch flash content on your iPad without hacking/jailbreaking. Look for an app in the app store called "Skyfire" -- it's a browser that will allow you to view most flash content.
OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience: 2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Read the caveats carefully - not all Flash Movies are supported, but if it works for what you need, it is a good tool -- and for $2.99 worth a look.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What about Frash?
Expert:  OSXpert replied 6 years ago.
Frash is a way to run Flash natively on iOS without Apple's blessing. Because it doesn't fit the criteria for an acceptable app in the iTunes app store, it requires you to Jailbreak your iPhone in order to install / use it.

Installing Frash is going to require some hacking -- it's really catered for advanced users that are more willing to sacrifice stability in exchange for some additional features.

Skyfire works differently -- it uses a cluster of high-powered servers out on the internet to transcode the flash videos (in real time) to a format that iOS can use natively (H.264, HTML5). The transcoded stream is what you are actually viewing on your phone.

Neither Frash nor Skyfire are 100% solutions to running Flash on iOS. In fact, there isn't a 100% solution. However, Skyfire will meet most of your Flash video needs, is stable, cheap, and doesn't require you to Jailbreak or do any hacking with your phone.
OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
I agree, AND I do not endorse JailBreak! Everything both OSXpert and I have told you is the best answer for your question.