Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I have a wireless network in my home and just replaced the

Customer Question

I have a wireless network in my home and just replaced the base station with a new Airport Extreme and a relay unit with a new Airport Express (actually, I have two new Airport Expresses running along with the new base station unit, which is cabled to my ISP provided modem), in my system.

The problem is with the Airport Express I have connected to my HP Laserjet 3600 printer. The printer indicates it is "ready," but when I try and print wirelessly the printer window opens on my computer, it says "opening printer connection, connecting," but nothing happens. I've tried everything I can think of: rebooting things, disconnecting power plugs and printer cable, etc. But no success.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
Can I assume that the Airport Extreme and the Airport Express communicate without a problem?
If that is the case then this short movie may help.

In Airport Utility is the printer seen?