iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience:  Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing

i have cd that I entered to my playlist and yet I cant eem

Customer Question

i have cd's that I entered to my itunes playlist and yet I can't seem to sync the to my nano. is it that you can only sync songs that have been purchased on itunes? If so, what recourse do I have to add my own cds to the nano. My nano is an older model. Thank you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  iteachmac replied 5 years ago.

iteachmac :

Hi what format are the CD album songs , they must be converted to Mp3 to play . You can see the kind and type of music files they are in itunes in the columns in list view . Add extra info columns for info , or hit Apple i on the track effected . the info box will pop up details of the file are there .

iteachmac :

I will give a method once we know the content format .

iteachmac :

JACUSTOMER-5vqhqwmv- :

I figured it out. thanks anyway. I made the etting manual and draged the delection to my device. Please charge me $10.00 for your time. OK?

iteachmac :

Ok thanks.

iteachmac :

Good stuff.

iteachmac :

Yes you can drag the files to the device . :) thanks.

iteachmac :

Please press accept so I get paid , thanks .

Expert:  iteachmac replied 5 years ago.
Is there anything else I can help you with ?

Here is some useful info for itunes use and sharing .

Sharing :

In itunes try using the File menu and transfer purchases from ipod /iphone , to the second Mac or PC . With the new apple TV you can also share now to your TV.

You my need to Authorise the computer to share your music and downloads at which point you will be asked for your apple ID and password XXXXX

Purchases on the ipod /iphone will be copied to itunes .

Sync the ipod / iphone so all music and data is current.

If you have music from a different computer , make sure it is shared with the second computer using home sharing . Once the music and data is shared across all computers and ipod / iphone , then you can remove the computer that is not being used anymore . See Deauthorize computer in the Store menu , and turn off sharing for this computer as below.

More on home sharing:

There is a home sharing option built in to itunes 9 onward . Please use Apple software update if needed to upgrade itunes to the latest version.

You can use this option to share the music in the home place network .

Sharing your iTunes library across computers

If your computer is connected to other computers over a local network, you can share items in your library with up to five of those computers.
While your computer is on and iTunes is open, others in your network can play your shared items, but shared items can’t be imported into others’ libraries.
If you want to import items from other iTunes libraries on other computers in your home, you can turn on Home Sharing.

You can use Home Sharing with up to five computers.
To use Home Sharing, you must have an iTunes Store account.
Sharing is intended for personal use only.

To share your library with other computers on your local network:

Choose iTunes > Preferences, click Sharing, and select “Share my library on my local network.”

Select the items you want to share.

To require users to enter a password XXXXX they can see your shared items, select “Require password” and enter a password.

If you choose to share your entire library, its name appears in the iTunes window (below Shared) on other local computers set up to look for shared libraries.

To change the name others see, choose iTunes > Preferences, click General, and type a new name in the Library Name field.

To turn off sharing:

Choose iTunes > Preferences and then click Sharing.

Deselect “Share my library on my local network.”

To import items from other libraries using Home Sharing:

Choose Advanced > Turn On Home Sharing.

Type your iTunes account name and password, and then click Create Home Share.

Using the same user name and password, repeat steps 1 and 2 on each computer.

To import items from another computer, select the computer (below Shared), and drag items from its library to yours.

To automatically import iTunes Store items that are downloaded to a computer you’re Home Sharing with, select “Automatically import new purchases from [Computer Name].”

To turn off Home Sharing:

On each computer, choose Advanced > Turn Off Home Sharing.

You can share movies; radio station links; and MP3, Apple Lossless, AIFF, WAV, and AAC files. You can’t share programs purchased from or QuickTime sound files.

You can also find this info in Itunes help , launch itunes , use the top screen help menu , select itunes help , search for home sharing.

Once you are shared across all you computers and authorised , and Deauthorized if needed "if a computer is not used any more or to be sold" ..

If you have music on a second PC that is imported via audio CDs or downloads or your own music etc and you don't want to authorise the other computer .

Just burn an MP3 CD/s and copy the music to the itunes folder by adding the music to the itunes library , check import settings in itunes preferences .
Be aware of copyright on music and other MP3 or video content , also convert WMA "Windows media audio files" files to MP3 or AAC for use on Mac if moving files from a PC , this can be done in the itunes import settings , choose a WMA file in the itunes library window , use right mouse button on the selected audio file and select Make MP3 Version or convert to MP3 AAC , the setting is made for conversion / import in the itunes preference , please ask if help is required.

I hope this helps .