iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience:  Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing
28671728

Took in a QT file with 4 channels of audio when I drag it down

Customer Question

Took in a QT file with 4 channels of audio when I drag it down to timeline. Cannot output to 4 channels of digi beta. Have tried all the things listed and it will only go to 1 & 2. Clicked off 3 & 4 on te right of the audio tracks, changed the sequence settings etc...Still stuck...any help would be appreciated...
Category: Mac
Expert:  iteachmac replied 6 years ago.

iteachmac :

Hi ,I will try to help

iteachmac :

please can you import the clips via the File menu import instead of drag and drop .

iteachmac :

There maybe bug in the drag and drop action .

iteachmac :

If this does not work , what is the audio format of the audio? 12bit can cause issues in all OSX apps , 16bit or 24bit is the norm for OSX . 16bit 48khz is a good choice .

iteachmac :

The application above linked can import and convert video files with multi channel audio such as MKV with AC3 and .vob DVD files. This could help also with the import .

iteachmac :

Mpeg stream clip is also a good converter and is free . I cant speculate if the multichannel audio will work without trying on your particular video file , but it is again worth a try .

iteachmac :

You can convert the video to other formats before importing in to FCP.

iteachmac :

What is the audio format of the video file , this info can be found in Get info via finder . or in Quicktime see properties of the Video file's audio etc.

iteachmac :

Thanks.

JACUSTOMER-2nm0gcam- :

Found the problem.......The downmix button was depressed on the audio mixer.........What an idiot!!!

iteachmac :

LOL, well that can effect the problem .

iteachmac :

I found this last night ,

iteachmac :

MKV tools , may come in hady if you dont have these , this was updated from the last MKV tool , has more options and seems well with 10.6.4 ..

iteachmac :

I guess your all fixed up .

iteachmac :

Thanks.