Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Mac Genius
Experience:  Mac/iOS Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree
40218039

i need a phone no. to call about ipod touch hooking it up

Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer, a paid global support site.

Unfortunately, it is against JustAnswer policy for experts to contact customers via direct phone, direct email, or remoting in.

But I am a PC and Mac Expert with experience with various Apple products, such as the iPod Touch.

What are you needing assistance with? I will be happy to assist you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
my os is pc i have a belkin router it is pluged in right. i would like to use my laptop and my ipod touch but cant
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
Do you have iTunes installed on your laptop?

If you do, what is the message that appears when you plug in your iPod Touch on your laptop?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes i do have itunes installed no message i think the problem is with the router i would like to program it to except all other systems
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
Okay. Perhaps there is a miscommunication here.

Are you trying to connect your iPod Touch to your wireless network?

Or are you trying to sync your iPod Touch to your laptop?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i want to use both units i think i can use both units because i have a router until yesterday i could use my laptop on internet but i screwed that up but i was trying to get ipod to work screwed this up in router
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
So are you having trouble getting your laptop on the Internet via your router?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes i am
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
Okay.

Three Questions
#1 - Do you have Cable or DSL?

#2 - What is the make and model of your Cable/DSL modem?

#3 - What is the make and model of your router?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
dsl webtell e90-610015-06 belkin f5d7234-4 v3
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
I would suggest resetting your router to factory and reconfiguring it.

Connect a PC directly to one of the four ports on the back of the router via the ethernet cable.

With the power on your router, hold down the reset button on the back of the router with a paperclip for 60 consecutive seconds (if you release early start over) and then unplug power to the router and unplug power to the modem.

Turn on power to only your router. Wait 60 seconds.

Now open Internet Explorer and type in 192.168.2.1 in the address bar and press enter.

By default the admin password XXXXX be left blank.

Go to the Channel and SSID and Security links under the Wireless section on the left column.

Here you can set up your SSID (network name---I would suggest something different than what you previously had) and your Wireless Security (I would suggest WEP and a 10-digit passcode for simplicity).

After you have set each of these up, press Apply/Save Settings at the bottom of each respective page.

Wait 30 seconds.

Disconnect your PC (if it is wireless) from your router.

Unplug power from your modem and router. Wait 60 seconds.

Plug in power to only your modem. Wait 60 seconds.

Plug in power to your router. Wait 60 seconds.

See if you can get online now.

You will need to reconnect all wireless devices to the new network you created with the new security key you created.

Update me on the results. Feel free to ask any questions, as I am here to assist you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
there is no reset button on my router
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
Look above the power port.

graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
sorry nothing there
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
Okay, let's take a different approach.

On the PC that is connected to the router (actively), go to Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

Type in ipconfig and press enter.

Tell me what the Default Gateway is.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
c:\users\phil1>
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
That looks like your command prompt.

Please tell me what the Default Gateway is.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
192.168.2.1
Expert:  replied 3 years ago.

Wait 30 seconds.

See if you can get online now.

Mr. Clark, Mac Genius
Experience: Mac/iOS Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree