Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

Have a MacBook Pro running OS X v. 10.6.5. Is there a keyboard

Have a MacBook Pro running OS X v. 10.6.5. Is there a keyboard command for reinserting a disappearing cursor? Only solution I've found is to Control/Command/Power to turn off (power only doesn't work), then Power to reopen.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
Okay, we will start with the basics and work up from there.
First I want you to try a pram reset followed by a safe boot, the first resets all the system buses the second runs UNIX repair routines on the filesystems.

To do a PRAM reset, you need to restart your machine and hold down these 4 keys.
‘Option’, ‘Command (Cloverleaf or Apple)’, ‘R’ and 'P'.
Keep them down until you hear 4 startup chimes, this is the sound your Mac makes on startup.
If you have a wireless keyboard then the procedure is a little bit different.
Use the very same keys but wait until the first chime and immediately press and hold those keys. I recommend getting your fingers ready because timing is critical.
This resets all of the system buses on your computer, USB, FireWire, display, ethernet and your keyboard/mouse/trackpad.
This will correct many faults but not necessarily yours.
Please pay careful attention to the keys that have to be used.

As soon as you hear the fourth bong immediately let go of those keys and press the shift key down. This is for the SafeBoot.

To do a Safe Boot, restart and before the first chime press and hold the 'Shift' key.
Wait until you see the Apple logo and the spinning gear appear, then let go.
It can take as long as 20 minutes to load, so please be patient.
When the login screen appears it will say in red on the login window 'SafeBoot'.
Now login and give it a few more minutes to finish loading.
Try doing whatever it was it was giving you the problem. If it works then probably the problem is solved, so restart normally.
If the problem persists then restart normally also, other fixes will need to be done.
Let me know how it works.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
An update must have addressed this issue. Shortly after I contacted you, the problem resolved itself. Thanks for your help, tho not necessary because problem no longer exists. Will pay the $39.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Oops! Meant $38. How do I pay?
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Just click on the green Accept button, thank you for asking.