Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Mac Genius
Experience:  Mac/iOS Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree

I would like to download Skype to my iPad. I have Skype in

Customer Question

I would like to download Skype to my iPad. I have Skype in my Mac Book pro
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer, a paid global support site.

Go to the App Store application on your iPad. Go to Search and type in Skype and then search.

You should find the Skype application, which you will need to click Buy Now to download (it is free, so you will not be charged to download the app).

You will need to sign in with your Apple ID to download the app.

From there, the application will be on your springboard desktop.

Feel free to ask any questions, as I am here to assist you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am very new to the iPad. When I tapped App store a commercial for Movies by Lixster with Rotten
Tomatoes came up. How do I get rid of that?
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
Press the Home button (the physical button below the screen) to close out the open application.

Then attempt to open the App Store again and see if you can do a search for Skype.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, that same commercial keeps coming up on iPad screen.
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
What happens when the commercial completes?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't know how to get rid of it;
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
Okay let's try this.

Press the Home button to close the commercial.

Then when you are at your springboard desktop, press the Home button twice in quick succession to bring up the "multitask" bar at the bottom of the screen.

Press and hold the App Store icon in the multitask bar, unless it "wiggles" with a red X on it. Press the X on the App Store icon. Then press the Home button. (This closes the app as it may have been running).

From there go back to your springboard desktop and open the App Store app now.

Update me on the results.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry; discontinue association; I did not really receive any help from your suggestions. Perhaps
some other time on a different issue.
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
No problem. I will have this question closed.