Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Hi. I have a Nikon D50 SLR digital camera. I love it except

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Nikon D50 SLR digital camera. I love it except that now that I have a MacBook I have an issue: when I go to download photos from the D50 there are some photos that won't download - I get "error" messages with some photos (maybe about 10% of photos taken). This does not occur when I go to download the photos to a PC. Any ideas about what is going on?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Are you using iPhoto? What version? Also:

First let‘s check some things:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac, and tell me the System Version, the Processor and the Memory.

Then go to Macintosh HD, then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair.