iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience:  Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing

My mac starts up and shows the log in screen for my password

Customer Question

My mac starts up and shows the log in screen for my password XXXXX when I try to type in my password XXXXX happens. I've changed the battery in the keyboard and disconnected it. The computer registers the keyboard but still won't let me type in the password. The Keyboard came with the Mac.
Category: Mac
Expert:  iteachmac replied 5 years ago.

iteachmac : Hi , this can happen when batteries go dead while in use. Please try shut down , remove the batteries for 5mins , and replace , turn on the mac . Hold the power button on the keyboard for 5seconds and release it should start to flash . The mac should find the blue tooth keyboard on the login page , if not keep pressing the kb power button as before until the keyboard is joined with the mac .
iteachmac : Does this help.
iteachmac : Thanks.