Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Hi I have a MacBook Pro, and have a problem with a micro SD

I have a MacBook Pro, and have a problem with a micro SD card. My card reader on the mac works fine as it recognises all my other SD cards, but I have a very important one that the computer just will not recognise. It's like I never even plugged anything in. Nothing at all.
The Disk Utility doesnt recognise that anything is plugged in either. The SD card was used in a Blackberry, but after using it on the mac to add some files to it neither the mac or blackberry will recognise it.
Do you have abny advice? I cannot format it even on either device (not ideal as I NEED the files!)
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately the format is usually Fat32 and if you can’t read it in Mac you will need to try and repair it on a Windows machine.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
You can try Disk Utility.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the response. Will a windows machine be able to recognise the card at least?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Maybe, but if the Mac can’t probably not. But there are more tools on the PC to try and repair. You can try this on Mac, it will do things the Disk Utility will not: