Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

I have been able to pair an A1314 slim aluminum keyboard, using

Customer Question

I have been able to pair an A1314 slim aluminum keyboard, using 10.4.11. However, the bluetooth window that shows me the battery level does not show anything except the battery level for the mouse! Can someone tell me what the problem might be please?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
You need Leopard 10.5 for it all to work correctly, 10.4 does not have the software to recognize all functions.
I know this because even the USB version of that keyboard does not work properly and the minimum system requirements are Leopard 10.5.
If you upgrade then it will work like it should, that is why battery levels are not shown.
The keys are not mapped correctly for 10.4 and the only fix is to put up with it or upgrade to 10.5.
If you have an Intel machine I suggest going to Snow Leopard 10.6.5, it will cost only $29.00 as opposed to close to $200. for Leopard.
That is why you are having problems with the keyboard.
Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
THank you so much Daniel. This is what I have. Will Snow Leopard slow this system down though?
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac6,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM61.0093.B07
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Not at all, it will actually run faster. The foot print is also smaller so it uses less hard drive space.
Just repair permissions before you do the upgrade.
It wouldn't hurt to back up important data just in case.
Your iMac will run it just fine, you may want to consider the package deal that has 10.6.x, iWork and iLife, comes for a good price.
The keyboard will work like a champ.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you so much Daniel.
SIncerely,
Toni
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
You are welcome Toni, thank you.