Tom
Tom, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  8 years experience as a Mac administrator for a college
15873684

I have 2008 iMac with Mac OS X Version 10.5.8.(9L31a) I windows

Customer Question

I have 2008 iMac with Mac OS X Version 10.5.8.(9L31a) I windows 2008 package for apple including PowerPoint. I can't open up Powerpoint anymore. In the problem report it says:
Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/MicrosoftComponentPlugin.framework/Versions/12/MicrosoftCOMPONENTplugin
Can you help me as to what I should do to fix the problem.
Best regards,
Aj
Category: Mac
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using justanswer.com

Try repairing permissions:

Click on the picture of a face all the way on the left-hand side of your dock.
Click Go all the way at the Top and Choose Utilities
Open Disk Utility
Select your startup disk on the left of the Disk Utility window
Select First Aid from the tabs
Click the "Repair Disk Permissions" button

Also try deleting the preference file.

Click on the picture of a face all the way on the left-hand side of your dock. Click on Go at the very top and Choose Home

This will bring up your home folder. Go into a folder called Library and then another folder called Preferences. Delete the file called com.microsoft.Powerpoint.plist

Try Powerpoint. If the above doesn't work, The next step would be to reinstall. Let me know if you need assistance with that.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK - nearly there, I am up to instruction - 'Delete the file called com.microsoft.Powerpoint.plist
I double click it and get a black square window - the functions at the top read - textedit, file edit, format, window , help - if i go into edit I get a delete function on the list but it is faded and therefore not allowed to be clicked on . So how do I delete?
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
Drag the file com.microsoft.Powerpoint.plist to the trash can on the right-hand side of your dock or click on the file once to highlight it and click File in the top left and move to trash.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Tom, It did not work and I don't have the original Windows CD anymore. Is there anything I can do?