Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

When trying to connect my MAC OS X 10.3x and my Epson Stylus

When trying to connect my MAC OS X 10.3x and my Epson Stylus CX4800 printer I get a message that says "An error occured" followed by "successful-ok-conflicting-attributes".

I'm paralyzed.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
It is in Applications/Utilities
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The information you gave me doesn't compute. I DO NOT HAVE A PRINT CENTER
I went to the Genius Bar of the local Apple Store and they couldn't help me either.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Sorry maybe that is only after 10.4, 10.3 is pretty old.

• Make sure the printer is connected to your computer, plugged in, and turned on.
  • For Mac OS X 10.3 or later, choose Show Printer List from the View menu. The Printer List window appears.
  • Click the Add Printer button.
  • Choose USB from the first pop-up menu.
  • Select your printer from the list.
  • Click Add.
  • Close the Printer List window.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I cannot add my printer. When I try, the Mac says an error occurred, with the addendum "successful - ok- conflicting- attributes"
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
First let‘s check some things:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac, and tell me the System Version, the Processor and the Memory.

Then go to Macintosh HD, then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair.