iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience:  Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing
28671728

I have created a website in iWeb 09 and added a jotform form.

I have created a website in iWeb 09 and added a jotform form. It appears fine when you go to the site and functions correctly. but a second form appears at the bottom left in the browser part of the page. How do I get rid of it ? Please advise.
The site in question is personaltrainingredbridge.co.uk
Category: Mac
Expert:  iteachmac replied 3 years ago.

iteachmac :

Hi yes it appears there is an extra form in the lower left of the page .

iteachmac :

Please try going to the web page in iweb , scroll down to the same section on the page , the box there may be invisible or inside a HTML clipping , select the clipping or box and hit delete.

iteachmac :

If you cant see the box to click on , please randomly click in that area to find the box .

iteachmac :

If you cant click on the box , it may be off screen , please try temporarily widening the page in the page in the inspector .

iteachmac :

Hi .

iteachmac :

try page inspector , layout tab , widen the page , scroll down , remove form.

iteachmac :

adjust the page width back to normal after you have removed the form box / html snippet

iteachmac :

Can you try this?

iteachmac :

Thanks.

JACUSTOMER-04qj7pv9- :

iteachmac :

hey :)

JACUSTOMER-04qj7pv9- :

Hi, I've tried widening the page and randomly selecting but I haven't picked anything up. I also tried adding more height to the page and doing the same thing but I cannot seem to pick up a box

JACUSTOMER-04qj7pv9- :

Hi, Sorry I'm not sure whether this part of the reply was transmitted, I've tried widening the page and randomly selecting but I haven't picked anything up. I also tried adding more height to the page and doing the same thing but I cannot seem to pick up a box

iteachmac :

ok.

iteachmac :

Ok , it may be hidden under a layer . or other box or html snippet .

iteachmac :

Please try , selecting the main Page box , and use the menu Arrange / Send backwards.

iteachmac :

Then try selecting the form and remove .

iteachmac :

There also is the possibility , the form is a part of the HTML snippet you used even though the parts are not where expected or repeated ..Please check your HTML snippet HTML code . Please try finding the Valid HTML snippet , Copy the HTML and save it so you can paste back after . Fully remove the HTML snippet , then save the page and test . Is only the Form you want removed or both the good one and the rouge .? are they coexisting in the same HTML snippet data .

iteachmac :

Another option , is to make a new page .

iteachmac :

And copy paste one by one all the parts of the page to a new page .

iteachmac :

Remove the bad page .

iteachmac :

You must remake any links to the old page discarded , as link will not update . I.e if you remove a page any links going to the page in iweb must be remade in the inspector in iweb.

JACUSTOMER-04qj7pv9- :

Hi I think that might be the best idea thanks, XXXXX XXXXX that and let you know.

iteachmac :

Pages must be relink to the new page . Once you have removed the bad page , you can rename the new page the same name , but links will still need to be remade if any link to it within your iweb website ...

iteachmac :

uhmm , yes , you can keep both pages up , until you get a good working page , then remove the other , and relink .

iteachmac :

Call the new page test etc . and rename it once you are happy. then remove the bad page .

iteachmac :

Please check the HTML snippet also . It may contain the rouge form along .

iteachmac :

all along .

iteachmac :

Please remember the Arrange menu is helpful if elements of a page get lost underneath other elements and cant be selected to be removed or repositioned .. I hope this helps.

iteachmac :

The View menu can help also , Show layout options .

iteachmac :

this will show a box around elements that are invisible normally , the box/s / or lines will not be shown on the actual page once created , just while editing .

iteachmac :

This may help find the box .

iteachmac :

If it is indeed invisible .

iteachmac :

Normally HTML snippets are invisible in the editor while the Show layout in not turned on , unless the HTML code has code to draw a box etc .

iteachmac :

I hope this is helping .

iteachmac :

Your page looks complete and professional apart from this niggle / problem .:)

JACUSTOMER-04qj7pv9- :

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the comment. Yes this is helping, I think it's going to be easiest if I redo the page.

iteachmac :

ok , yes just use copy and paste from the edit menu part by part . It wont take long .

JACUSTOMER-04qj7pv9- :

I have a line going across the bottom of the page, it's a little heavier than the bounding boxes and not selectable, I have no footer depth selected. what could this be ?

iteachmac :

try turning off show layout , it may just be a layout boundary .

iteachmac :

try dragging a selection over the item if you cant click on it .?

iteachmac :

If you would like to select the HTML snippet DATA and paste it to me here , i can test that the code is a single form .

JACUSTOMER-04qj7pv9- :

<script src="http://www.jotform.com/jsform/3340654953"></script> Is this what you need ?

iteachmac :

Hi , Yes is that the HTML snippet data?

iteachmac :

This code on its own , generates a email and name box . A single item .

JACUSTOMER-04qj7pv9- :

Great thanks

iteachmac :

Ok did you get the page elements across to a new page ok ?

JACUSTOMER-04qj7pv9- :

Yes I've transferred them across and am using seo tool before uploading.

JACUSTOMER-04qj7pv9- :

In my site folder I have the following: index.html, index_files, Test.html,Test_files Thanks.html,Thanks_files, media directory,scripts directory and feed.xml. Should I transfer all the files except the old index files ?

iteachmac :

Just upload the full site yes .

iteachmac :

Relink pages first . seo tool all pages , then update the whole site to be sure.

JACUSTOMER-04qj7pv9- :

When I transfer the Test page, can I rename that to index on the server ?

iteachmac :

you can , you can upload it as a test page if you wish or just go ahead and upload , the whole site .

iteachmac :

you may as well do it in iweb after your happy..

JACUSTOMER-04qj7pv9- :

Thanks

iteachmac :

if its just that page affected just loose the old page , rename the new one as the old same name , then relink pages links to that page if needed , you can move the page in to possition in the left hand list so to match placement in the top page menus .

iteachmac :

top page menus , = the menus on the webpage , home , contact .. etc ..

iteachmac :

just drag the pages in the order you wish in the left hand page list in iweb . .

iteachmac :

save , seo , and upload site and that should be it , the old bad page should be then removed and replaced by the new page in the process .

iteachmac :

as it will have the same name .

iteachmac :

Please remember to press accept if you have fixed the issue. Thanks

JACUSTOMER-04qj7pv9- :

will do have to go will pick up first thing in morning and upload everything, thanks for your help, will accept in morning when uploaded.

iteachmac :

ok thanks .

JACUSTOMER-04qj7pv9- :

Hi, Uploaded everything and the form is still there, I could remove everything off the server and start again. Alternatively I could go into an html editor like nvu and remove the code for the offending form. But defeats the object really ! What do you think ?

iteachmac : Hi , test the site offline , run the site from the local folder that you saved to or gen to a new folder, if your good , just replace the whole site online. But delete the site first , there maybe a stray page conflicting . Also test before and after using seo tool , some pages may not like the use of seo .
JACUSTOMER-04qj7pv9- :

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX it will work, I'm going to Accept (if there are any further problems can I come back to you ?

iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience: Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing