Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I have 5 files with individual buttons and I want a button

Customer Question

I have 5 files with individual buttons and I want a button to allow them to play in order.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
Can you please explain in more detail? Can you tell me what version of iLife you are using?
Can you tell me what version of Mac OS X. you are using?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OS X 10.6.5 I Life 08,
I have 5 pieces that total over 90 minutes. The client wants a button for each piece and then a button to play all.
In the past I have loaded each piece as a separate QT file and then made a QT of all the files and that was my play all section.
Thats too much info for the dvd so now I have loaded the 5 QT files and is there a way to have a button that PLAYS ALL the sections? Thom Wolf
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Not really, what I would suggest doing is putting them all into iMovie and setting chapter markers. You can also add a long black transition at the end of the clip if the client wishes to stop at a particular point.
The only other way that you can do this is to use a double layer disc which increases the capacity to almost 10 GB.
These will play in most DVD players. In that way you can have all five as separate movies and one movie to rule them all.
By having chapter markers between them you get the best of both, it is a compromise but a good one in my opinion.
That is how I do it for the very same reasons and so far it has worked well.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
I am sorry that there is no easy button, I am opting out.