iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience:  Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing
28671728

I transfered Itunes music to a flash card as a back-up. They moved as albums which is wha

I transfered Itunes music to a flash card as a back-up. They moved as albums which is what I wanted. When I later tried to transfer some newly added albums, they transfered as single files not as albums. What happened? I want to transfer them as albums. (I am using a Mac)
When I highlight "Music" in Itunes and try to export it it exports as a txt file, and library as an xml. file
Category: Mac
Expert:  iteachmac replied 3 years ago.

iteachmac : Hi to copy a mp3etc from iTunes , just select the track in iTunes library .
iteachmac : Then use right mouse button , on the file in iTunes.
iteachmac : A menu pops up
iteachmac : Choose show in finder
iteachmac : A finder window opens . The files are with it , this is the album folder . You can copy the files from inside to a back up or copy the folder and all to make a backup.
iteachmac : This is how to copy single songs and albums to a backup etc .
iteachmac : Thanks.
Customer :

When I right click on "Music" the default is Music.txt which gets only garbled text sent. But, under "Format" i find these choices: Uncode text (default), XML, M3U, M3U8.

Customer :

When I right click on "Music", I find "exprt", then "Music. txt (Text), but under "Format" are choices: Unicode text (default), XML, M3U, M3U8. What do these mean? Which do I choose?

iteachmac :

Hi , no.... in itunes , in the music library , have the library listed in standard list , pick your song or MP3 etc from within itunes . . .then right click on the song etc to gain the contextual menu , see show in finder or show in finder window from the contextual menu . all will now make sense .

iteachmac :

You can then copy the files to where you wish , as shown in this video :-

iteachmac :

Thanks.

iteachmac :

You can also find you songs or mp3 by hand , in the Finder :-

iteachmac :

Open Mac HD / Users / Your user / Music / itunes / itunes music / Artist folders should be in there .

iteachmac :

Ok thanks.

Customer :

Well, I just got back to following your advice.. I dragged three albums to the flash card, I got the downloading message, etc., but I could not find them on the flashcard. Then instead of scrolling down to look for them, I scrolled up. There they were. Many thanks for solving my problem. I could not find where the mac was storing itunes. Now I get it. Thanks again. Phew!

iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience: Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing