robgranholm
robgranholm, Mac Genius
Experience:  2 Years at Apple, Current IT Administrator and Small Business Owner. Loves to help.
35592706

Hi I have a MacBook computer, and Im running Microsoft Entourage

Customer Question

Hi I have a MacBook computer, and I'm running Microsoft Entourage on it for my e-mails. At the moment I believe something is not working properly with my search function. For instance, I have had countless e-mails from say a XXXXX XXXXX, but when I type his name in it's not finding any of his e-mails. Please help.
Category: Mac
Expert:  robgranholm replied 6 years ago.
Run this in the terminal. /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app

sudo mdutil -E /

It will ask for a password XXXXX you enter that command and when you type look like nothing is being entered, but it is...just type your administrator password XXXXX and hit enter.

This command resets Spotlight and fixes issues with Entourage searching. Please be patient. It takes some time to re-index everything. Maybe reboot after it finishes. So do this before bed or something and let it work over night. Let me know how it goes, I will glad to follow up and continue troubleshooting.