iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience:  Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing
28671728

I forgot my password, got locked out of my IPad and havent

Customer Question

I forgot my password, got locked out of my IPad and haven't gotten anywhere in getting this issue resolved. Please HELP!! Have been trying to get this resolved for 3 weeks!!! How can I either get my password XXXXX get a new one so I can buy apts for my IPad?????
Helen
Category: Mac
Expert:  iteachmac replied 6 years ago.

iteachmac :

Hi I would like to help.

iteachmac :

If you have forgot your ipad password XXXXX read the below .

1. Connect the iPad with your PC or Mac .

2. In iTunes, select iPad from the ” Devices ” list.

3. Under the summary tab, click on the ” Restore ” button.

4. iTunes will ask you to take a backup. **Don’t do it and skip the step.**

5. Click on ” Restore ” and follow the next step.

Now wait for iTunes restore the backup to your iPad.

Now you will have the old data in your iPad that you backed up last , which doesn’t contain the pass code lock feature enabled, hopefully .

NOTE: If you dont have the backup in iTunes without the password XXXXX then this will not work .

Does this help?

Thanks.

iteachmac :

If you simply cant pay for apps in the app store please state , and ask this question .

Customer:

I got locked out of my I Tunes account. Sorry, didn't make that clear. How can I get my password XXXXX create another one? I can't pay for apps in the app store because I don't have my password

Customer:

I can't buy apps in the apps story.

iteachmac :

Hi If your simply locked out of your itunes account , just call apple and explain you will be put to a assistant to fix the issue , this must be done over the phone with apple for security.

Customer:

What is the number?

iteachmac :

One moment .

iteachmac :

Your billing info may need to be updated.

1. Go to https://myinfo.apple.com
2. Log In with your Apple ID
3. Update you account info.
4. Check the Address book and Phone numbers - Please match that info with your credit card.
5. Once completed save and log out , then open iTunes and update the same billing information to the letter .

If this does not work then the problem is an internal issue , and not Software related or info related. Moving house or a change of address can cause similar issues , It possible the change in Phone account has created an issue , but again this will have to discussed with Apple Directly as they have access to your details .

You can email or phone apple support for help , they may be able to give you clues to why your Apple ID setup is failing , or your password XXXXX help you set up an account successfully or reset your current one ..

http://www.apple.com/contact/

There are many locations and contact numbers on the contact page above , please find the area phone number nearest to you or use email contact .

There is also a remote possibility that you have an outstanding payment that needs to be cleared , again please contact Apple as above and explain your issue and check your account is up to date and paid up to date with no outstanding charges due..

I hope this helps ,

iteachmac :

This should clear up the issue . If not just call apple via phone , they will help to fix the issue.

iteachmac :

Please remember to press accept on the button so I get paid , thanks.