Omer Mushahwar
Omer Mushahwar, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  I work with Mac Computers and Servers on a daily basis
37817776

I have Office 2008 and I have a .rtf page that has labels on

I have Office 2008 and I have a .rtf page that has labels on the page already in the label format. They are formatted 3 x 3 and they need to be printed out on Avery label #8460.

Can you tell me how to use Word or if there is an easier way.

Thanks,

Randal
Category: Mac
Expert:  Omer Mushahwar replied 4 years ago.
Hi Randal

Yes there is an easier way.

Please go to this link here http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Templates-%26-Software/Templates/Labels/Address-Labels/Address-Label-30-per-sheet_Microsoft-Word.htm?N=0&refchannel=c042fd03ab30a110VgnVCM1000002118140aRCRD

You can actually download a word file template that is already formated for your labels
Please use this template and let me know if you have any questions

Edited by Omer Mushahwar on 11/14/2010 at 12:49 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for getting back to me. However, I am unable to try your solution because the Avery download link is offline now.

Do you have another way?

Since I haven't downloaded this solution, I can't tell if it will work or not. However, let me reiterate that I have the names and addresses already on a template form but they are formatted for 5160. Is this still a workable solution?

Thanks,

Randal

Randal the link is working now I just used it to download the template

If your template looks like this one it should work this template works for the 5160 and the 8460

graphic

Experience: I work with Mac Computers and Servers on a daily basis
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have the template but it looks like I will have to copy and past the content into each block. Is this what you are suggesting?

If so, that isn't what I had in mind. Is there not an easier way to do this? I can get output in .rtf, text, xls if that will help.

If you don't use the template you would just simply have to try and align your word document to match the template spacing. Which isn't always as easy as pasting into the template and printing from there because in the templates the spacing and line spacing varies in different points of it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Would Excel be an option?

If you could again get the cells to align correctly

The template may not save into excel very well so even in excel you'd still have to copy and paste the data into the individual cells around the template.