Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

I have an ipad, and like to travel with that and the transfer

I have an ipad, and like to travel with that and the transfer the pages files to my Mac Air for printing and further editing, Now, all at once the Mac Air is not accepting the files, saying I need a newer version of pages. I can't find out how to download this version.

Also, I bought a disk for iLife, and it won't install because it says I need a more recent version of an operating system. I am currently on OSX 1.5.8
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
It is correct, you need Snow Leopard 10.6.4 and you can get that from Apple for $29.00.
Pages is part of iWork and at present is iWork 09, you can get a package deal of iLife 11, iWork 09 and Snow leopard from Apple.
Mac Box Set - Apple Store (U.S.) That will have all the software you need.