Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Music that is added to a Power Point slideshow, made into a

Customer Question

Music that is added to a Power Point slideshow, made into a movie and brought into iDVD, does not play in iDVD, why?
When I add music to a Power Point slideshow in iDVD, the music does not synch like it did in the Power Point presentation. Why?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Export the file as a Quicktime Movie (.mov), then import the video into iMovie application. In iMovie add the music file and make proper adjustments. Then click on Share menu and select iDVD. That should do it...

Let me know how it goes..

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have done this. The music does not synch the way it did in Power Point. The choices for synching are limited, i.e., 1, 3, 5, 10 seconds per slide. In Power Point I can have a particular song play for X number of slides and start a different song with the next group of slides. This is not possible in iDVD, at least from what I can tell. Am I missing something here?
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
You can do any type of sync in iMovie, not iDVD. Have you tried iMovie ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will try synching in iMovie and get back to you.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Okay..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
In order to me to add the music in Quick Time I have to upgrade the version I have.
I've ordered the new version but will have to await its arrival. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
What upgrade ? You don't need any upgrade to do this...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When I choose the audio selection to add, the add command is grey in the Edit menu and to make it accessible I have to purchase Quick Time 7 Pro.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
No..wait. You just need to convert the Audio to MP3. You can use this free service to convert the file. www.zamzar.com
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK, I've converted the songs to MP3 but still can't access the add command in the Edit menu in Quick Time 7.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Sorry for the delay....

Okay...What are you doing in Quicktime ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm opening the MP3 file in Quicktime, I then open the movie file in Quicktime, then I go to Edit menu and look for the add command but there is no add command.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
You have to do it in iMovie, not in iDVD, Quicktime or iPhoto.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm in iMovie, How do I add the music files?
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Click on File menu and select "Import". Then select the Video and Audio file. Let me know..
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Bingo, it's working.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Bingo, it's working.

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Great ! Now once you adjust all settings, click on Share menu and select iDVD from the menu. This should transfer the Video + Audio to iDVD, so you can burn it to DVD.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Also, check this out for some good tutorials : http://www.apple.com/findouthow/movies/imovie08.html

Let me know if you have any questions...

Best Regards,