Omer Mushahwar
Omer Mushahwar, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  I work with Mac Computers and Servers on a daily basis

Can I export my Outlook 2011 calendar to my Entourage cale

Customer Question

Can I export my Outlook 2011 calendar to my Entourage calendar?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Omer Mushahwar replied 3 years ago.

Omer Mushahwar :

Hi I am one of the experts here on Just Answer.com

Omer Mushahwar :

Did you mean outlook 2010?

Omer Mushahwar :

and could you please tell me the version of entourage you are using?

Customer:

Microsoft Office for Mac Outlook 2011 v14.0.0 and Entourage 2008 v12.2.7

Omer Mushahwar :

Ah ok sorry about that so you would like to take the calendar in your outlook 2011 and export it into your entourage 2008 calendar

Omer Mushahwar :

Just want to make sure I have the situation correct

Customer:

Yes

Customer:

Or into iCal

Omer Mushahwar :

Sure one second

Customer:

OK

Omer Mushahwar :

Now have you tried exporting your calendar to an icalendar file

Customer:

How do I do that?

Omer Mushahwar :

Click file you should see an import export

Omer Mushahwar :

sorry I was looking at the wrong image one second loading up outlook 2011 right now

Customer:

Yes - What are all the next steps?

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok if your in the calendar

Omer Mushahwar :

in outlook 2011

Omer Mushahwar :

do you see the export button at the top

Omer Mushahwar :

you should be able to select and export your entire calendar using this

Omer Mushahwar :

can you tell me the options it gives you when you click the export button

Customer:

Yes, I did this but it was exported as an .OLM file. I do not know how to work with it or how to Entourage to import it

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok when you do that are there any other file options in the save as instead of olm

Omer Mushahwar :

your looking for ics

Customer:

Contacts exported as a tab-delimited file and calendar exported as an.olm file

Customer:

I have sent you 2 responses and they do not appear on the screen - The export screen allows me to save Contacts as a tab-delimited file and Calendar as only a .OLM file.

Customer:

Sorry - I just scrolled down the screen and saw my replies

Omer Mushahwar :

Sorry I was having an issue with the chat window myself as well

Omer Mushahwar :

Im sorry I have to step away from my computer for a bit I will opt out of this question so another expert can jump in and help however if no one has by the time I get back I will hop back in the chat and help sorry for the inconvenience this may cause but someone should be with you soon.

Customer:

What now and when??

Omer Mushahwar :

Sorry for the delay I am back, sorry I guess the other experts didnt get a chance to hop in.

Omer Mushahwar :

So i have been doing a bit of work on my mac to try and get the same situation as of right now it seems there is no direct way to sync/export back to Entourage 2008
Now I have found a couple work arounds but they can take some time to do depending on how big/full your calendar is

Now one thing you should know is they are working on a syncservices for an Outlook 2011 to ical Sync but currently it is not available but it will be so that is any option

Now one thing you can do to copy to Ical is If you open your Outlook Calendar and iCal next to each other, you can drag and drop from Outlook to iCal, sort of a manual sync. Only catch I found is you have to drag and drop onto the correct day. It transfers the time info correctly, but it will alter the date to whatever day you drop it onto.

The other option is to Right now, you can drag events to Finder and open in iCal

Omer Mushahwar :

Unfortunately as there isn't an offical sync software out yet for the sync to ical these maybe the only options to go back to 2008

Customer:

That is what I am trying to do and I want to save the data from the Outlook Calendar in 2011 in a format that Entourage can use, or convert Outlook's "OLM" file extension to a file extension that Entourage can use.

Omer Mushahwar :

Unfortunately there isnt a way to pull olm files into entourage what you can do is try to copy the calendar from outlook to ical and then sync to entourage 2008 from ical I know its very backwards but currently there is simply no way to go from the outlook 2011 format back to entourage 2008

Customer:

How do I copy the Outlook Calendar to iCal?

Omer Mushahwar :

If you have both calendars open you should be able to drag an appointment from the outlook calendar into ical

Omer Mushahwar :

but you have to drag it to the correct date

Customer:

OK

Customer:

Done

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok so now once you have all your appoints in Ical you should be able to sync back to entourage 2008 do you need the steps to do that?

Customer:

Yes

Customer:

Steps to sync back to entourage?

Customer:

Goodbye

Omer Mushahwar :

Sorry about the delay I was called awy from my desk

Once you have copied all appointments into Ical from Outlook 2011 by manually dragging them over

Go to the entourage menu, preferences, under general preferences heading, select "sync services" and select "Synchronize events ant tasks with iCal and .Mac"