Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

All of my iweb sites that were stored on mobileme have disappeare

Customer Question

All of my iweb sites that were stored on mobileme have disappeared and seem to be lost or at least seem not to be recoverable.
"[email protected]"

There were also stored on my domain account under ""

Am desperate for help. Scores of hours were put into this project.
robert h simms
" xavier49"
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
Were they .mac as opposed to MobileMe, Apple has been sending alert after alert about all .mac websites going bye-bye in November.
I just visited your site as typed into the question and it all looks as though it is complete and well done.
The problem may be with your Mac and not the sites.
Try a few resets and see if it clears up.

To do a PRAM reset, you need to restart your machine and hold down these 4 keys.
‘Option’, ‘Command (Cloverleaf or Apple)’, ‘R’ and 'P'.
Keep them down until you hear 4 startup chimes, this is the sound it makes at startup.
If you have a wireless keyboard then the procedure is a little bit different.
Use the very same keys but wait until the first chime and immediately press and hold those keys. I recommend getting your fingers ready because timing is critical.
This resets all of the system buses on your computer, USB, FireWire, display, ethernet and your keyboard/mouse/trackpad.
This will correct many faults but not necessarily yours.

To do a Safe Boot, restart and before the first chime press and hold the 'Shift' key.
Wait until you see the Apple logo and the spinning gear appear, then let go.
It can take as long as 20 minutes to load, so please be patient.
When the login screen appears it will say in red on the login window 'SafeBoot'.
Now login and give it a few more minutes to finish loading.
Try doing whatever it was it was giving you the problem. If it works then probably the problem is solved, so restart normally.
If the problem persists then restart normally also, other fixes will need to be done.

The third thing is repairing permissions, this is something that should be done after every Apple update and whenever things start going a little squirrelly.
let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
problm not with computer. Apple changed its system re the storage of w\'web] pages, i do \,however, release the paymeni for your time.
Robert H. Simms
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
You did not tell me you had your site on Apple. .Mac is mostly no more and it all needs updating to MobileMe.
Glad your site is described like you wanted.
Thank you.