Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a Macbook and i have just purchased a Vodafone mobile

Customer Question

I have a Macbook and i have just purchased a Vodafone mobile connect usb. How do I connect it up so that I can use it when I'm travelling in SA?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 6 years ago.

Ipod Specialist :

Ipod Specialist :

Here is the website which gives you the vodafone mobile connect installation guide - for mac and windows. http://www.vodafone.in/documents/pdfs/edge_card_userguide.pdf

Customer:

I have this guide. But when I put my usb in it comes up with a totally different screen to the one they have in the guide. So it doesn't help.I have an icon that says it is vodacom mobile broadband when you click it comes up with 2 options under general - LAN connection - not connected and mobile connection no device, not connected and the connect button isn't highlighted so doesn't work. I am no further forward than this and can't use the usb to connect to the internet on my macbook.

Ipod Specialist :

I think your device is not recognized. Did you try the "hints and tips" in that guide?

Customer:

I had a look at hints and tips but it doesn't help me. Does the macbook need a modem to run the usb stick?

Ipod Specialist :

The modem will automatically be installed when you place the cd into the drive. I think in this case, it is better to contact the Vodafone mobile connect to get help on how to install it in your computer.