Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Mac Genius
Experience:  Mac/iOS Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree
40218039

my X is getting all my texts and knows of every phone call

my X is getting all my texts and knows of every phone call through some kind of spyware, how do I stop this? !!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 6 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer, a paid global support site.

#1 - What kind of phone are you using?

#2 - What cell phone service are you using?

#3 - Does your ex have access to your account online?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
iPhone 3G

AT&T

Don't think she has access, I can easily change password XXXXX on line account, I suppose...
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 6 years ago.
Is your iPhone jailbroken?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no

She HAD jailbroken it

i got got new one. Also just reset all defaults a few days ago
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 6 years ago.
Okay, I would suggest that you do a DFU restore (which is significantly different from a standard recovery restore), just to make sure, that any spyware that would have been installed (spyware would only exist in a jailbroken environment) be wiped.

With your iPhone is plugged in to your PC, hold the Home and Power until your iPhone powers down, continue holding Home and Power for a full 4 seconds.

If you are having trouble with this, please refer to the video below for assistance.

Release the Power while still holding the Home key until iTunes tells you the iPhone is in recovery (your iPhone screen will be black, but it is on) and then doing the restore to latest firmware.

After the restore, when prompted, do not restore from backup. You want to setup a new iPhone (do not restore from backup, this will bring any backed up jailbroken info back to the file structure---even if the iPhone is not jailbroken). You will need to resync your apps, music, etc.

As far as your account goes, I would go into an AT&T store and request that you add a passcode to your account. This passcode is an extra layer of security. So even if your ex knows your password XXXXX is somehow hacking the password, she would have to know this passcode as well. I would also be sure that you are the only authorized person on the account and tell them to put notes on the account for no one else be allowed to access the account, specifically her.

I would also require that all bills be transferred from paper to electronic, just in case she is getting in your snail mail box.

This should resolve the issues about her knowing who you text and who you call.

Feel free to ask any questions, as I am here to assist you.