Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I have a Mac OSX 10.5.8 using an Epson R300 printer. This was

I have a Mac OSX 10.5.8 using an Epson R300 printer. This was excellent but brokedown so I scrapped without taking any uninstalling procedures. I installed Epson Stylus SX425W to use on wired basis and I am having problems. Communication with SX425 not happening, print queue builds up, can't transfer from iphoto 8mill pixels Ixus 85 IS digital camera. The installation disc with the R300 was also scrapped. My redundant Epson Perfection 2400 Photo scanner is retained, as is the disc. No uninstalling was done with the 2400 but when I enter the disc now it saya something about the Classic feature is not available.

I have spent most of three days calmy trying to work my way throu the new SX425 but I feel my problems will relate to both the R300 ann the 2400scanner not being uninstalled.

Please, any comments, suggestions, instructions. I am desperate!
Hello William, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
Okay, this is a fairly easy thing to accomplish.
There are a few maintenance procedures that you need to do, is like checking the error in your car's tires, washing the windshield and other mundane tasks.
The first thing I want you to do is repair your permissions, this will take some time with 10.5.8 but it will get done.
I suggest you quit all open applications before you do so, this PDF will explain how to repair your permissions.
After you've done this you need to reset your print system, this uninstall any and all printers that you have installed on your system.
They are easy to add back the ones that you want to keep.
This PDF will explain how.
Try that and let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
A sincere thankyou. In the System Preferences procedure the blue button did not light up and two printer images showed, one of the new printer and one of the old. Both showed in the dock but I removed the old one. I am not interfering with anything else!

Your instructions were simplicity itself, again thankyou.

I have bookmarked the justanswer site and am now about to do the same for after pressing accept when I hope you get paid.

You are welcome William, thank you. I try to keep it easy to understand, I learned that from Jesus.
I look forward to hearing from you.