Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

Hi, i am back with another request for help. I was trying to

Hi, i am back with another request for help. I was trying to attach a photo from an external harddisk while doing backup with Time Capsule. When it was taking too long, i decided to force quit. Now the iMac is not responding, can i can't even shut it down. Please help
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
Okay, the first thing I suggest you do is hold the power button down until it shuts off.
After that do a pram reset, the instructions follow please do it precisely as I say and then we will get on to fixing the rest of it.

To do a PRAM reset, you need to restart your machine and hold down these 4 keys.
‘Option’, ‘Command (Cloverleaf or Apple)’, ‘R’ and 'P'.
Keep them down until you hear 4 startup chimes.
If you have a wireless keyboard then the procedure is a little bit different.
Use the very same keys but wait until the first chime and immediately press and hold those keys. I recommend getting your fingers ready because timing is critical.
This resets all of the system buses on your computer, USB, FireWire, display, ethernet and your keyboard/mouse/trackpad.
This will correct many faults but not necessarily yours.

Then please tell me just what machine you are using, and iMac, a laptop?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay, did you get the pram reset okay?
And is your Time Capsule functioning again?
More detail is much better than less, so please give me as much detail as you can.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, your advice worked and the iMac is back to normal. And Time Capsule is functioning. One more questions, when I back up my iPhoto Library on the iMac to an external hard disk, where the icon on the hard disk shows iPhoto Library, can another iPhoto application on a MacBook Pro open that file?
Yes, it can. Hold down the Option key when opening iPhoto. You need the drie plugged in to the other MBP first.