shady.duggal
shady.duggal,

My Lynksys PIN # number doesnt seem to work for me. Am I using

Customer Question

My Lynksys PIN # XXXXX doesn't seem to work for me. Am I using the right number?
Category: Mac
Expert:  shady.duggal replied 3 years ago.

shady :

Hello

shady :

welcome to just answer

shady :

are you looking for your linksys router network key or password ?

Customer :

I'm trying to connect my new iPod to my Lynksys router network, but the PIN doesn't work.

shady :

ok

shady :

so what message do you get when you try to connect ipod to wifi

shady :

?

Customer :

Now I can't get the message.

Customer :

"Unable to join the network."

shady :

i will opt out of this question and i will send to mac experts

Customer :

Shady, this is a Lynsys question, not a Mac issue.

shady.duggal,
Experience: 
some other expert will help you as i am not familiar with ipod problems
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 3 years ago.

Have you ever been able to connect to wifi from your ipod?

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No. The ipod is brand new.
ok. Do you have a WEP/WPA key for the router? Sometimes, we may have to contact Linksys to get the WEP/WPA key.

If you have the key, let's try the following troubleshootings.

Troubleshooting 1:
1. Reset your ipod by pressing and holding the home and the power button together until you see an apple logo. Once it is reset, try to enter the pin.
2. If the above step don't work, let's tap on settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings and then try to enter the pin.
Troubleshooting 2:
This process is called power cycle.

1. Turn off your ipod and also your router.
2. Wait for 2 minutes and then turn on your router. Wait for another one minute and then turn on your ipod. Once the ipod is back on, try to enter the pin.

If both these troubleshooting don't work, we may have to contact Linksys to verify the WEP/WPA key. If that is the same thing as the one which you use now, we can restore the ipod.

Do let me know if you have any difficulties.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That didn't help.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nope. "Unable to join the network." A friend of mine with a laptop tried to join here and had the same problem. I am aware of reset procedures, but it's a real pain.
In that case, you have to contact Linksys to confirm the WEP/WPA key. This key may differ from the normal password XXXXX use. If that key matches the one you use right now, then we can restore the ipod.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I think I found my answer: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=9607cc85bca142989326e581a8383aed_466.xml&pid=80&respid=0&snid=2&dispid=0&cpage=search

It is not the same model, but I do have a reset button like this procedure describes. Thanks for you help.
Great to know that you found the answer. Thanks for giving me the information too.